Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DIY Confetti Cones

 
I made  confetti cones to place on the arm of each chair during our ceremony. This is not a quick DIY project. I made 150 of these and it took me a few weeks to get them done. I ended up making 75 white confetti cones with sayings and 75 solid black confetti cones. Don't limit yourself to plain ol' white. Get crazy! Use colored paper or floral print would look awesome as well.

 
Things you'll need:
thick Paper (I used black and white paper I bought from Hobby Lobby)
double stick tape (I highly recommend Elmer's double sided tape)
good scissors or paper cutter
ink jet printer
ribbon
hole puncher

Instructions:
 Cut the paper down to 6″ squares.
Lay the square on a flat surface.
Take one edge and start to lightly fold up to the corner across from it. You're goal is to make them into the shape of a cone. It took me a couple tries to get the hang of it.
Run double stick tape along the inside of the edge you were folding.
Then create your labels with the saying of your choice. I printed them on plain white paper.  Mine said… After “I Do” Please shower the newlyweds as they walk down the aisle.
Cut them out.
Adhere the labels to the top  of the triangle part of the cone.
Hole punch above the saying.
Cut ribbon.
Put the ribbon through the hole and tie it in a bow.
Then fill them with confetti or rose petals.
 
 
 












































































































































































































 













No comments:

Post a Comment